These cake loaves are easy to make and are tasty as well. They can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack and also as dessert. The flavour from the sweet potato and pumpkin make them even more awesome. They are made using Jollity Healthy flour, that’s a combination of the orange-fleshed sweet potato and pumpkin flour. The ingredients are sourced locally within Uganda from farmers that practice organic farming. These ingredients are jam packed with lots of nutrition. information on where to find the flour is available on the ‘Information and Pricing’ page. You can also follow Jollity Healthy treats on Facebook and Instagram for more regular updates.
2 1/2 cups (350gms) of Jollity gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour
1/4 cup (85gms) honey
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup (150gms) unsalted butter
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 170deg C and line 2 bread tins with butter and Jollity Healthy Flour.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix well. add the butter to the mix and combine till it turns crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, honey and vanilla and mix well. Add to the dry mixture and mix till it is well combined.
- Divide the batter and pour into the lined baking tins then bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Leave to cool and place in airtight container for up to 3 days or keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- All ingredients need to be at room temperate before you begin baking.
- Do not open the oven door till the cakes are completely baked.
- If the batter mixture turns out too thick, add some hot water, 1/4 cup at at a time till it comes to the desired consistency. Do not add too much in order to avoid having a cake thats not dry in the middle.
The Jollity Gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour are available in a few places within Kampala. You can find all information on the ‘Information and Pricing’ section of this website.
Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel.