1/2 cup (112 gms) butter, softened.
1 large egg (50 gms)
1/4 cup (85 gm) honey
1 teaspoon (5 ml) milk
2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla
1/4 cup (170 gms) grated beetroot
1 1/2 cups (180 gms) Jollity gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour
1/4 teaspoon (2gms) salt
1/4 cup (21 gms) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon (4 gms) baking soda
1 cup (170 gms) chocolate chip cookies
- In a large bowl, with a whisk, beat the flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking soda. Add the butter and mix till crumbly.
- Beat in the egg, milk, honey and vanilla till fully combined. Add the beetroot and mix until it’s fully combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips until fully combined. Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F or 180 deg C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough, roll into balls and place onto the baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Take the cookies out and flatten them with the back of a spoon.
- Place them on a cooling rack till fully cooled then place in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the fridge to last longer.
The Jollity Gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour are available in a few places within Kampala. You can find all information on the ‘Information and Pricing’ section of this website.
Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel.