1 1/2 cups ( 180 gms) Jollity gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour
1/3 cup ( 115 gms) brown sugar or 1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ( 4 gms) baking powder
1 teaspoon ( 4 gms) baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ( 1.5 gms) salt
1 teaspoon ( 8 gms) freshly grated lemon peel
2 large eggs (100 gms)
! teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
1/3 cup (76 gms) butter
1 teaspoon ( 5 ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 cup (227 ml) milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F or 180 deg C. Line a 12 muffin tray with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar, baking powder, salt and grated lemon peel. Add the butter and mix till you get a crumby mixture.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the eggs, honey if using, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add the egg mixture and milk into the flour mixture and mix till well combined.
- Scoop into the muffin spans using a tablespoon. Make sure each cup is 3/4 way full.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for 3 days or in the fridge for them to more days.
The lemon peel is the outer, green/yellow bit of the lemon. Do not grate the white part or you’ll end up with bitter muffins.
I would love to know how this turns out for you. Leave comments or questions in the box below.
The Jollity Gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour are available in a few places within Kampala. You can find all information on the ‘Information and Pricing’ section of this website.
Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel.