11/2 cups (375 ml) warm milk (almond/soy milk for vegan)
1/4 cup (56 gms) butter (dairy-free for vegan)
1/4 cup (85 gm) honey
2 large eggs (100 gms) or (1/2 cup applesauce for vegan)
1 teaspoon (5 ml) apple cider vinegar
3 cups (360 gms) Jollity gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour
1 teaspoon (6 gms) salt
1 3/4 teaspoon (9 gms) baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Grease baking bread pan with vegetable oil and dust with gluten-free flour.
- Place butter, eggs(applesauce), honey and vinegar into a large bowl.
- Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour to the bowl, make a small hole and pour the milk mixture.
- Mix all together with a wooden spoon till well combined. Should form a thick batter, like that for cake.
- Turn on oven to 350 deg F or 180 deg C.
- Place bread pan in the oven and leave to bake for 50 min to 1 hr or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out dry.
- Place on cooling rack till completely cool
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days or keep in fridge to last longer.
You can find applesauce in Shoprite, but if you’re unable to find it, you can replace each egg with one small banana per egg. This recipe requires a bit of practice, so don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t come out well on the first try. It’s perfect for sandwiches. You can toast it for an even better tasting experience!
The Jollity Gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour are available in a few places within Kampala. You can find all information on the ‘Information and Pricing’ section of this website.
Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel.