1 1/2 cups Jollity gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour
1/3 cup brown sugar (or 1/4 cup honey)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine the Jollity Flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar and mix well.
- In a separate dish, combine the eggs, vanilla and milk(add honey if using).
- Add the butter to the mixed dry ingredients and use your hands the mix it in well till it is crumbly.
- In a bigger dish, pour the combined wet ingredients and add the butter and dry ingredients mixture then use a whisk to mix them till well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Grease a baking tin with butter and dust with the Jollity Flour to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Pour the batter mixture into the baking tin and place in the oven at 160 deg C for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Tip: If the toothpick comes out with some melted chocolate, that’s fine, as long as the cake butter does not stick to it.
- Place on a cooling rack and then pack in an airtight container for 3 days or for 2 weeks in the fridge.
You can also find the video for this recipe on the YouTube channel.
The chocolate chips were bought from Baker’s Boulevard, located at Ntinda Shopping Mall, Ground Floor. The Baking tin from Quality Supermarket and all the rest of the ingredients can be found at all major supermarkets.
The Jollity Gluten-free sweet potato and pumpkin flour are available in a few places within Kampala. You can find all information on the ‘Information and Pricing’ section of this website.
Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel.